5/29/2012

Brief 6 Recipe Book Collaboration Final Boards
& design development




/




Summary


/


This brief was a favourite of mine.  I have always wanted to illustrate a recipe book and I'm so glad I finally got to do it.  In this collaboration my role was to provide the content as well as all of the imagery, layout of the imagery, contribution to format and colour decisions and the screen printing.  I think that I full filled these tasks to their full extent.


This brief was very much running in the back for a long time.  I was ticking away at the 100 odd water coloured drawings over the last few months and it all came together pretty smoothly at the end.  Aaron and I worked well as a team and our tastes hardly contrasted, especially when it came to format and colour decisions.  I am pleased that compared to my first idea of this brief I came out with an edgier response.  It will play a key part in my portfolio of a conceptual piece and to show how I can work well in a collaboration.


I am pleased with the aesthetic of the range.  The colour scheme is really punchy and the illustrations work really well in one colour.  If I could change anything I would change the amount of recipes in each book.  I'd love them  to be more substantial so we could have bound them with hard covers and buckram.  However, aaron and I have talked of re visiting and pushing them further.


This brief made me feel much happier in establishing the role I want to play upon leaving.  It was great to not have to worry about the type setting of such a project.  I loved putting to skills together to improve and bring out the other.   At the same time though the two designers are in control of the other.  IT was very much about you have the skills but we both have the vision so it was like having 3 hands to achieve exactly what your vision was.  It is something that I want to do much more of in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment