5/29/2012

Brief 8 Serco Prize for Illustration Final Boards




/





Summary


/


I didn't devote a lot of time to this brief and I am kind of glad that I didn't.  It was a really good idea to have a really quick turn around brief in there to keep my creative juices flowing and get something out there and take a risk.  I am pleased with the concept I took however, I think that certain parts of the drawing are slightly sloppy but I think that scale and detail helps this and it becomes a print that you can see from afar as well as enjoying seeing up close.


Having it picked as a nominee for the Serco Prize for Illustration was also such a huge lift for me.  I'm so excited to see it in that gallery and even if I don't win I feel proud to have at least got it that far.


This brief opened my eyes properly to competitions.  They're such a positive thing to be doing and it has encouraged me to look around much more and to enter as many as I can to keep my ticking over and to hopefully start to get my name out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment