5/29/2012

Brief 4 Puffin Book Final Boards
& design development



/





Summary


/


I chose this brief as I enjoyed its parent brief the Penguin book cover in the last module.  It took a while to take off as I was struggling with the type as image requirment.  However, this proved to be such a great  brief to pick as I haven't done anything like that before and it pushed me out of my comfort zone and showed potential of a new area of working.  


I don't think that the imagery is constantly very strong.  Im happy with the overall aesthetic of the main book cover but i could have spent even more time drawing them out even one more time.  This was the same on the sub book covers.  I think that the Conderella, Frog Prince and Rapunzel covers are much stronger than the others.  Weather this is to do with colour, stroke or detail I don't feel hugely satisfied with those drawings.  


However, I think that the overall appearance of the books is smart and different.  The dark covers with bright white hand drawn type I think works really well.  This is another brief where I have really developed my hand drawn type and I will continue to do so as I leave.


Deliverables wise I feel as though I could have gone on further but I am happy with what I made.  The book ends are a favourite of mine as they push the project out of being 2-d and into becoming a product which is really important to me to demonstrate.  I also am pleased with the bookmarks as it took em a while to find that interactivity that I wanted from them but I found a simple solution in the way that they provide image to a page with no text on by being see through.  


This is a project that will be in my portfolio and I hope it will stand out as being one of the freshest pieces of work due to its modernised strict colour scheme and alternative deliverables.

No comments:

Post a Comment