5/29/2012

Brief 3 GBK Final Boards
& design development



/





Summary


/


i feel as though I worked that hardest on this brief.  From it I wanted to achieve a good range that like Brief 2 Colgate demonstrated how I can be given content and do something functional but new and interesting in the format and deliverables that go with it.  The menu acted as a large focus point to this brief.  It dictated the tone to the rest of the range.  I don't think that this is a bad thing to find something that makes you excited and then reflect that onto other things.  


I am pleased with the aesthetic of the main menu.  I think that it is a nice thing to have in my portfolio and has demonstrated a massive improvement in awareness of format wand what can be done with it.  I feel I have a healthy range but still understand that there could have been a lot more too.  i am also pleased with the way that I am able to settle for something simpler and rely on that, rather than dressing something up un necessarily.  This is shown with the takeaway range.  I feel as though I created a simple but solid concept of using the burger imagery as a real USP to the whole restaurant.


I have said that I would have liked to have expanded the range even further but there are also smaller details that I would have changed too.  For example, the type on the brown burger plate in the menu is unacceptable as you can't see the type properly!  Also, I should have collaborated with an interior design student to get a greater impression of what it could all look like in context.  However, I think that my mock ups on the boards are an improvement of ones I have made before.


In all, I am fond of this brief.  I have put the most thought in to it and I hope that pays off in the conceptual responses that I have achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment