5/29/2012

Brief 2 Colgate Kids Final Boards
& design development







Summary 


/


I had a few things that I wanted to get out fo this brief.  I wanted to show how I can solve a problem through the use if illustration as well as modernise yet create functional design to a brand with an already big reputation.


I have found this brief pretty clean in the way that I don't think I had any massive freak outs regarding where it is going or what the problem was that I had to solve.  I enjoyed it because I was given content as well as having to find problematic content too.  It gave me the perfect scope for playing it safe and then expanding into something more imaginative and inventive.  


I feel like I have learnt maybe the most out of this brief.  Discussion with Mark helped massively with the development of this project.  Brainstorming an colour were two areas of which I worked much harder at to try and nail in order to make a fresh looking project.   My understanding of drawing and stroke improved on this brief.  The hand rendered type was becoming much more consistent and I have learnt to be more bold with colour.  However, I don't think that I pushed myself in informing myself of having that colour printed properly.  My main focus on this brief was the content and concepts of the solution and not necessarily the finish.  If I could change anything I would go back and improve this to bring it all together fully as a more realistic product that could go straight in to shops.


I think that it has become a key part of my portfolio, acting as a representative to how I can push a brief from essentials to experimental in one range and with a big brand to back it all up.  For that I have really enjoyed this brief and don't feel as though I will want to flick through that page in my portfolio too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment