5/27/2012

Brief 1 Secret 7 Final Boards
& design development



/


>



Summary
/


This brief was very much about me starting up my Final Major Project design engines.  It accomplished this as it was successful entry to the competition and gave the module a great kick start.  As regards the response to the brief, I wasn't completely over the mood with what I made.  It was one of those things that you like in front of you but I didn't think of the context that it was going to be in very well.  On a wall with others around it, it wasn't punchy enough.  If I could change it I would make more of a focus point to the design.


However, the negative space did make it pop slightly, and the crayon effect wasn't one to be seen on others.  It felt good to see my name amongst other great Illustrators, designers and typographers.  It also improves my CV and gave some potential new contacts.


I don't feel very lucky when it comes to competitions but entering this one and succeeding opened my eyes to the effort that I must make to enter as many as possible as they are great things to do to keep you ticking over, improve your CV and just help get your name out there in general to be involved in the Illustration scene in the area that I want to base myself in.


Overall a positive experience that proved a great short brief to act as an opening to my Final Major Project.



No comments:

Post a Comment